Undoubtedly some people that want to earn a PhD have some use for some of the following resources:
- The Grad Cafe (a general board that covers most fields where graduate study requires or recommends the GRE)
- Urch (more of a test-prep help resource)
- PhysicsGRE.com (physics-specific)
- MathematicsGRE.com (mathematics-specific)
- College Confidential (better known for undergraduate admissions, but still useful to some extent)
These websites have their uses, but many users of these websites are quite neurotic, and their users tend to be among the better candidates. That is not to say that lesser applicants can’t find any use for them, even if they had to live with non-elite programs; just that most people willing to post their profiles are much better than average.
So please take in account that the profiles posted are skewed towards the upper end, and pay attention to any observation bias caused by these tendencies if you elect to use these resources.